profilePic
{Everyone's allowed a guilty pleasure now and again}
500
Lukas Hartwich didn't like NA
I read, or rather, tried to read this book after hearing both Warren Buffett and Bill Gates sing its praises. This book just wasn't for me. The stories had a lot of promise, but I couldn't stand the author's insistence on writing 50 page stories when 10 would have sufficed. Maybe I have short attention span, but I kept finding myself saying "Get to the point!" In a way, I'm bummed I didn't enjoy the book, given some of my heroes recommended it so overwhelmingly.
May 21
0 comments
Great book. Steve was a fascinating cat. Like many talented people, he had some serious flaws, but those were overshadowed by his strengths. Check this out if you're interesting in tech, entrepreneurship, art, business, or apple.
Oct 18
2 comments
Given this book's status as a investor "classic", I figured it was time to see what the hype was about. In general, the book was a solid read with many good insights. Unfortunately for me, I've already read about many of the things discussed. I still think it was a good book, but it just didn't have the wow factor that I'm sure it would have had, if I had read it when it first came out.
Sep 10
0 comments
Loved it. Joel Greenblatt is the man. Before reading this, I essentially ignored the corners of the market that he shines a light on. Thanks for sharing the knowledge, Joel!
Jun 27
0 comments
Awesome book. Mohnish is a great investor and an entertaining writer.
Jun 27
0 comments
Lukas Hartwich didn't like NA
I love Michael Lewis' books, but I was underwhelmed with Flash Boys. I'm not really sure what turned me off, but I didn't get that urge to keep reading like I did with Big Short.
Jun 27
0 comments
I read this while while in Alaska. Interesting and insightful read and definitely worth picking up.
Jun 22
0 comments
Echoed by Lukas Hartwich and 3 others
  →  Melissa Rigby
Hey! I was looking at your book list and I want to know what some of these books you read are about, they look interesting. You should write some more reviews!
Feb 24
0 comments
Echoed by Lukas Hartwich and 1 other person
Charming book!
Feb 14
0 comments
Fantastic story of the men whose mission it was to recover the art stolen and hoarded by the Third Reich. Over five million pieces were transported by the nazis during the war to secret locations. They were to be kept by the fuehrer or destroyed if he deemed them to be degenerate works. A lot of it takes place behind enemy lines and is told by the men who were there. Incredibly suspenseful, including a near destruction of da Vinci's Last Supper. I think the Clooney movie will do it justice.
Feb 14
0 comments
Echoed by Peggie Fariss and 2 others
bookbanter pulse