500
Lukas Hartwich didn't like NA
I read, or rather, tried to read this book after hearing both Warren Buffett and Bill Gates sing its praises. This book just wasn't for me. The stories had a lot of promise, but I couldn't stand the author's insistence on writing 50 page stories when 10 would have sufficed. Maybe I have short attention span, but I kept finding myself saying "Get to the point!" In a way, I'm bummed I didn't enjoy the book, given some of my heroes recommended it so overwhelmingly.
May 21
0 comments
Great book. Steve was a fascinating cat. Like many talented people, he had some serious flaws, but those were overshadowed by his strengths. Check this out if you're interesting in tech, entrepreneurship, art, business, or apple.
Oct 18
2 comments
Matthew Wokasch didn't like NA
The book presents itself as the "Liar's Poker" for the magazine industry. Unfortunately, unlike "Liar's Poker," the entire book is fictitious and becomes more glaringly so as the story unfolds. As a work of fiction, it is unnecessarily raunchy, and should not be read by those that are easily offended.

Authored by the recently deceased (6/13) Michael Hastings, who died in a very suspicious manner. For those interested in conspiracy theories, this story is better than the book.
Oct 6
0 comments
No other "how-to" book has maintained its relevance as well as Sun Tzu's 2,000 year-old Masterpiece. This book should be required reading for all armed forces officers (it already is in the CIA). Its instructions would have prevented many of the failed campaign's in America's past.

With all of America's military might, perhaps we have become lazy in our approach to war using strength rather than subterfuge. As war continues to erupt, perhaps our modern thinking needs a history lesson.
Oct 6
0 comments
Given this book's status as a investor "classic", I figured it was time to see what the hype was about. In general, the book was a solid read with many good insights. Unfortunately for me, I've already read about many of the things discussed. I still think it was a good book, but it just didn't have the wow factor that I'm sure it would have had, if I had read it when it first came out.
Sep 10
0 comments
Loved it. Joel Greenblatt is the man. Before reading this, I essentially ignored the corners of the market that he shines a light on. Thanks for sharing the knowledge, Joel!
Jun 27
0 comments
Awesome book. Mohnish is a great investor and an entertaining writer.
Jun 27
0 comments
Lukas Hartwich didn't like NA
I love Michael Lewis' books, but I was underwhelmed with Flash Boys. I'm not really sure what turned me off, but I didn't get that urge to keep reading like I did with Big Short.
Jun 27
0 comments
I read this while while in Alaska. Interesting and insightful read and definitely worth picking up.
Jun 22
0 comments
Echoed by Lukas Hartwich and 3 others
  →  Melissa Rigby
Hey! I was looking at your book list and I want to know what some of these books you read are about, they look interesting. You should write some more reviews!
Feb 24
0 comments
Echoed by Lukas Hartwich and 1 other person
bookbanter pulse
recently reviewed on bookbanter: