profilePic
I heart books :) thanks for starting this site! All the books ill post on here are some of my favorites - cant wait to to find more amazing stories!
500
Lukas Hartwich didn't like NA
I read, or rather, tried to read this book after hearing both Warren Buffett and Bill Gates sing its praises. This book just wasn't for me. The stories had a lot of promise, but I couldn't stand the author's insistence on writing 50 page stories when 10 would have sufficed. Maybe I have short attention span, but I kept finding myself saying "Get to the point!" In a way, I'm bummed I didn't enjoy the book, given some of my heroes recommended it so overwhelmingly.
May 21
0 comments
Great book. Steve was a fascinating cat. Like many talented people, he had some serious flaws, but those were overshadowed by his strengths. Check this out if you're interesting in tech, entrepreneurship, art, business, or apple.
Oct 18
2 comments
Given this book's status as a investor "classic", I figured it was time to see what the hype was about. In general, the book was a solid read with many good insights. Unfortunately for me, I've already read about many of the things discussed. I still think it was a good book, but it just didn't have the wow factor that I'm sure it would have had, if I had read it when it first came out.
Sep 10
0 comments
Loved it. Joel Greenblatt is the man. Before reading this, I essentially ignored the corners of the market that he shines a light on. Thanks for sharing the knowledge, Joel!
Jun 27
0 comments
Awesome book. Mohnish is a great investor and an entertaining writer.
Jun 27
0 comments
Lukas Hartwich didn't like NA
I love Michael Lewis' books, but I was underwhelmed with Flash Boys. I'm not really sure what turned me off, but I didn't get that urge to keep reading like I did with Big Short.
Jun 27
0 comments
I read this while while in Alaska. Interesting and insightful read and definitely worth picking up.
Jun 22
0 comments
Echoed by Lukas Hartwich and 3 others
  →  Melissa Rigby
Hey! I was looking at your book list and I want to know what some of these books you read are about, they look interesting. You should write some more reviews!
Feb 24
0 comments
Echoed by Lukas Hartwich and 1 other person
Algorithms are increasingly important to our tech-based world. They have played a role in mathematics since people like Fibonacci and Newton. Successes of marketing giants like Facebook make use of complex algorithms to evaluate their users, and by the predictive capabilities of these binary decision trees have made people millions on wall street. "Algorithms are the gladiators, like in the days of the Coloseum, and normal people are taking more the role of the spectator."
Jan 9
0 comments
Echoed by Lukas Hartwich and 3 others
"Remember back when there were just one type of jeans. When you wanted Jean-styled pants, you just went and bought them and that was that. A fifteen minute errand. Now, there are low-cut, stain-washed, slim fit, pockets, no-pockets, all sorts of decisions that we go through--NEVER really satisfied completely BECAUSE we are "optimizers" and therefore we hold out and examine options in pursuit of the PERFECT pair. There is ni perfect pair; but there are four hours worth of options. srry4caps, iPad
Dec 14
0 comments
Echoed by Lukas Hartwich and 1 other person
bookbanter pulse
recently reviewed on bookbanter: