profilePic
Teaching place
500
Brooks Kemp didn't like NA
could have been more exciting. it did get off to a good start but then got just a little dull. It didn't really explain the war which would have been nice.
Mar 25
0 comments
The World War II based book; "Goodnight Mister Tom" was to start off a great story for a perspective of a person living in the 1940's. The book was very clear for a reader to interpret the main ideas and dialogue and it therefore made it interesting to read. The bond between Tom Oakley and Willie was like no other and solved the issue between Willie and his mother's abuse to him. Never a dull moment! Would love for the upcoming 7th graders to have a chance to read this.
-Devin O'Neill
Mar 25
0 comments
we liked the book I am David very much. We thought I Am David had a great emotional thrill and a great plot. We also liked the ending and how he found his mom.
Mar 25
0 comments
This book was appealing because is was based off of a true story. There was an intriguing plot but little suspense. Even though the different perspectives and flashbacks supported the story, sometimes it made it hard to follow. Jeanne needed to tie the parts of the story together as she skipped a lot of her life. Overall, this was a fascinating book.
Mar 25
1 comment
Good Night Mr. Tom is a great work of literature that is written around Operation Pied Piper during WWII. An abused boy named William is evacuated to the countryside where he moves in with Mr.Tom" class = "textUrl" target=\"_blank\">Mr.Tom. This book was very intriguing and captivating to read. Parts we enjoyed were when they traveled to Salt-on-the-mouth and when Mr.Tom" class = "textUrl" target=\"_blank\">Mr.Tom and Will go to town. This book is all about the simple pleasures of life, and the reader will be amazed at how those little things can make a difference. Great Read!!
Mar 25
0 comments
Brooks Kemp didn't like NA
So Anne is a typical 13 year old in the 40's. She goes into hiding. It's all a little bit cliche. We think Anne is a dramatic, insightful little girl. We do not think highly of this book. She is constantly writing about fighting with her boyfriend and her mum. She's a little depressed and she's always feeling sorry for her self. She's also very slefish!
Mar 25
1 comment
The relationship between Mr.Tom and Will was very interesting. Luv it.
Mar 25
0 comments
bookbanter pulse
recently reviewed on bookbanter: